Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Music Rules our World


Honestly, Whats the longest you have gone without music?
I sat yesterday in silence for five minutes and went bizzzerk.
Now i know i may be a little strange or weird as people like to put it but c'mon man can you really not be as addicted to music as i am? It's art in a form where it is only visual by your ears. Complex runs, simple beats, mono or poly toned artist. whats not to love? There is an artist out there, somewhere, who you can relate to no matter how different you may think you are. I have a wide taste in music from Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, to The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, to Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses, I can go on and on. yea my itunes is stacked.
I listen to the radio and hear talents like Travis Porter, Roscoe Dash, which to me really just sounds like Atl house music like Kilo Ali, im not the biggest fan but i still bob my head to it, party to it at the club scene, but most of all i respect there hustle and grind. You gotta give the lil artist props. how many of us was wearing rosary beads before they came to the light? NO ONE. Now everyone is Catholic or shops at H&M.
How many of us never listened to MGMT but can recite every word to the song Eletric Feel because its on NBA 2K10. Thats my jam now.
I know when i leave my headphones at home before i hit campus or the job i get real real angry. LOL.
take the time to appreciate music. explore and listen to whatever you can get your hands on because im sure once you like it, it will stick with you.
And remember you dont have to smoke weed, rob, kill, or slap any "bitches" because they say it on a song. its made for entertainment purposes not reinactment. Stay tuned for more sections from my Itunes.

0 comments: