Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We Dying to Live so to Live We Dying


Recently i have experienced death in my family. My distant grandma lived a great life, with few struggles and many rewards. I sat here sad when i found out the news. Then i popped in The Roots album "How I Got Over" instantly my mood changed. Not because I am finally hearing th album, but because the vibe that I get from it. Every line, every verse is intense with metaphors filled with emotion and passion. People... dont sleep on The Roots (we know who they are) but folks do sleep on hip-hop. This album is a great example of "true" hip-hop. Inspirational words with timeless meanings has me looking at the world in a different light.





"Before time start to wind down like the Mayans I show ‘em how I got the grind down like a science" -The Roots

0 comments: